Sunday, December 23, 2007

Derb on Dr. Paul

I've often said that John Derbyshire, despite his many flaws, is the only reason to read National Review. Well, here is Derb endorsing Dr. Paul.

Other Paul items:
Here is Tucker Carlson in The New Republic on his conversion to Austrian economics: "The first time I heard Paul talk about monetary policy, I'd felt like a hostage, the only person in the room who didn't buy into the program. Then, slowly, like so many hostages, I started to open my mind and listen. By the time we got to Reno, unfamiliar thoughts were beginning to occur: Why shouldn't we worry about the soundness of the currency? What exactly is the dollar backed by anyway? And, if the gold standard is crazy, is it really any crazier than hedge funds?"

"Ron Paul Will Surprise You" says pollster John Zogby. After chronicling the problems with the alleged GOP "front runners", Zogby says look out for Paul: "He's going to do better than anyone expects...He's his own brand. All he needs to do is beat a couple of big names in Iowa, then New Hampshire is friendlier territory. After all, the state motto is "Live Free or Die."

Ann Coulter on Huck's social conservative credentials, or lack thereof.

Michelle Malkin
on Jim Gilchrist's zany endorsement of Huckabee.

Limbaugh is going after Huckabee, too. Hey, maybe Huck is worthy of my vote.

3 Comments:

Anonymous mskee said...

...in shades of Saturday Night Live...

"No Huck."

"Paul"

merry Christmas.

3:24 PM  
Blogger rainwolf said...

Darrell,

I just stumbled upon your blog this evening linking from John Savage. With your brand of traditional conservatism, I am surprised to have not come across your site before this time. Just wanted to say thanks for your great insights. I've enjoyed your writings and hope you begin posting again soon.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Yes, I saw John's comments which were very nice.

I appreciate your kind words and hope to be writing in the near future.

Frankly, the last few weeks have provided little time as I've been very busy. Unfortunately, I don't have much of a readership despite my attempts to publish material of some quality. So I occasionally get a bit frustrated and take some time off trying to re-group.

In any case, thanks for the nice remarks.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home