Sunday, May 13, 2007

Would You Send Your Baby to a Madrassa?

"Clearly, believers are to avoid unnecessary exposure to worldview influences that would contradict and/or undermine biblical truth. Again, any educational choice we make must take this biblical principle into account. Imagine a Christian family sending their child to a Muslim school. Unthinkable, you say? But why? They could be "Salt and Light" there. They could influence other students. They may even get a better academic education. They certainly would not be exposed to the same levels of immorality. However, this would be unthinkable because of the contradictory worldview with which our children would be inundated. If we can see this, we can certainly see the problem with a school system mired in Secular Humanism, Social Darwinism and the like."


Dr. Voddie Baucham

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understandable. I only read 'em, and it's sometimes difficult for me to muster the energy to do even that.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Daniel Ritchie said...

I have used this argument more times than enough, yet those in love with Statist education refuse to listen.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

I think we need to keep making the case, Daniel. I'm not sure what things are like in your part of the globe, but the homeschooling movement is growing here in the U.S. My wife and I hopped on the train this year and we're very pleased by the support we have received within our church and the community. Granted, our church is not exactly normal in this regard, but the three counties in our area (which are largely rural) have a support group of more than 200 families. In my case, all of my elders employe homeschooling, or some variation thereof, as do a number of other friends. I think we just have to continue faithfully beating the drum.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home