Wednesday, February 01, 2006

House Cleaning

Jon Luker has resurrected Polemics and asked me to contribute. As I don't have that much time, I will mostly post short bits over at Polemics and continue my usual ranting and raving here at Dow Blog and over at The Backwater Report.

Everyone is finally starting to feel better at the Dow home. It turns out that all three boys are strep carriers, so I guess we've got much fun in our future.

Also, it looks like Kathy and I will begin homeschooling in the fall. Many thanks to all those who have provided information, encouragement, and suggestions.

Finally, I can't resist posting this comment from R. J. Rushdoony:

Modern politics, because it is premised on a false doctrine of man, is inescapably anti-Christian in its character. It will work to subvert Christianity, either explicitly or implicitly, consciously or unconsciously. At present, the basic choice which confronts the Christian voters is not one of basic philosophy but of degrees of adherence to that philosophy. Every political party rests on non-Christian principles, and the only real question is, which party is least systematic in its anti-Christian philosophy?


I don't consider myself a Theonomist, but I really don't understand some of my Baptist friends who deny themselves the pleasure of reading Rushdoony.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Dave Black said...

Glad to see the Dowites are feeling better!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

You're not the only one! I guess this begins to explain the run of sickness that has rampaged through our house for the last 15 months.

6:14 AM  
Blogger The Baptist Reformer said...

I just came across your blog. I am a Baptist and I agree with your question as to why more Baptist ministers don't read Rushdoony. I would also include Bahnsen, Gentry and DeMar in that category as well. Shouldn't the Bible be our final authority in faith and practice? Shouldn't this include all things in the home, church, and civil government.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home